Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate for Breakfast

Things are a little bit hectic in my world at the moment and I’m sorry for the lack of posts that are a direct result of that. Instead of procrastinating productively (such as writing for this blog!), I have turned to the likes of Twitter and Tumblr to entertain and distract me…

However, yesterday and today I [unintentionally] experimented to come up with what I thought are two delicious sweet treats. They are also quick and easy, as well as adaptable; have them for dessert, or even breakfast! 



Raw Chocolate Chip Pudding
Serves 1-2

Ingredients:
1 quantity raw chocolate milkshake, OMITTING the frozen banana 
Chia seeds
Cacao nibs

Directions: Make up the milkshake (you can also keep the banana in if you’d really like to), adding the desired amount of chia seeds and cacao nibs (I used quite a lot of both). Pour/scoop it into a serving glass(es) and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to let the chia seeds absorb the moisture in the chocolate shake mix. Devour.



Hot Chocolate Porridge
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 serve cooked rolled oats
Chia seeds
Milk of choice
Honey
Cacao powder

Directions: Once you’ve cooked your oats (I usually stir in the chia seeds halfway through the cooking process), poor on your desired amount of milk, honey and cacao and STIR! I know this sounds vague but I literally just dumped stuff out of the carton/jar… I’m known to like my hot chocolates quite bitter so I used quite a bit of cacao, relative to the amount of milk and honey. You could also use cocoa but I find cacao gives it a nice smooth and gloopy (that’s probably not quite the right word to use and seems a bit contradictory) texture that is just irresistible.

^ All I can remember from primary school French is learning that French children had hot chocolate with their breakfast while the parents drank coffee, so that was my rationale behind this one.

I’m really excited to write about our new beehive but it’s that end of semester where everything seems like an extra stressor so it may have to wait until after exams are over. In the mean time, I implore you to waste time looking at pictures with funny captions… it’s very good for one’s mood and hilariously unproductive! Like when someone offers me a snack while studying... 


- Matilda

No comments:

Post a Comment